Guiding Principles for Competition
Guiding Principles represent the ideals of how Ringette is intended to be played and experienced. They serve as a guide when difficult decisions regarding the structure of competition need to be made.
The following Guiding Principles inform how we plan and format competition in Ringette:
- Ringette experiences are meaningful for all participants and teams from the beginning to the end of each season.
- Ringette is always a fun, positive experience.
- Every ringette participant, coach, official, volunteer and administrator has an opportunity to improve.
- The system of competition (tournaments, leagues and championships) supports each participant in seeking their level of personal excellence based on their definition of success. Participants can choose to enroll in a program which places them on the excellence pathway.
- Nobody is disadvantaged by playing at a “lower” level. Participants are provided access to appropriate development pathways to progress to a “higher” level if they desire.
- The system of competition supports and rewards LTAD-based training informed by Ringette Canada’s Athlete Development Matrix.
- Competition reflects the True Sport Principles and the values of Ringette Canada.
Organizations that have taken the pledge:
Provincial Ringette Organizations:
Ringette New Brunswick
Local Ringette Organizations:
Bow View Ringette Association
Red Deer Ringette
Spruce Grove Ringette Association